Felt Hair Clips Project
What you’ll need:
- Tracing template (attached)
- Felt in multiple colours
- Embroidery thread in matching felt colours & needle
- Sewing thread in black and yellow & needle
- Fabric and E6000 glue
- Snap hair clips
- Scissors (for cutting paper)
- Scissors (for cutting fabric and threads)
- Black beads (optional)
- Yellow beads (optional)
- Print out the tracing template in A4 and cut out your shapes. Each shape in the template has been labelled with the colour and fruit name for ease.
- Trace the relevant shapes onto the matching colours and cut out.
- Read the instructions per each fruit:
- Grab your black beads as decoration and sew them in a scattered formation on the red triangle to create black seeds. If you don’t have black beads, you can always stitch black French knots.
- Glue the red triangle to the white, ensuring the tips are joined. Then add the white and red pair, on top of the green triangle.
- Add a back stitch to the border of the red watermelon, using red embroidery thread.
- Sew the two pineapple slices together using embroidery thread and a back stitch around the border. Remember to stitch around the inner circle as well.
- Place the lighter colour on top the green pear shape, and you can either glue together, or sew using embroidery thread and a back stitch along the border.
- Once the lighter inner colour has been added to one of the green pieces, sew the two green pear pieces together using embroidery thread and a back stitch along the border.
- Glue on the two seeds on top of the lighter colour.
Orange & Lemon
- Sew together the two large circles using a back stitch around the border.
- Glue the smaller triangle pieces on to the smaller circle in a flower pattern, ensuring they all fit.
- Once you have your smaller piece with all the little triangles glued on, glue this circle onto the centre of your other larger circles which you embroided together earlier.
- Sew on some yellow beads in a scattered formation on one layer of the strawberry felt. If you do not have yellow beads, you can always stitch yellow French knots.
- Glue the strawberry leaves between the two layers of strawberry, leaving enough of the stems sticking out the top.
- Embroider the two strawberry pieces together, with the leaves in the middle, using embroidery thread and a back stitch along the border.
- Glue the bottom of the cherry stem to the top of one of the cherry pieces.
- Sew the two cherry pieces together using embroidery thread and a back stitch around the border of the fruit.
- Sew black beads in a scattered formation across the white circle.
- Glue the white circle with the beads, into the centre of one of the pink circles.
- Stitch together the two pieces around the border, using embroidery thread and a back stitch.
Once all your fruit pieces have been assembled, apply E6000 glue to the wider part of your hair clip. Let them dry completely before using.
Use the below link to download the template for this project-