Match stick money box
What you need to get started:
420 Coloured Match SticksArbee Craft Glue
Cardboard Gift Box (10.5cm x 10.5cm)
1. Lay out the match sticks in the colour pattern of your choice. We have used the colour series of single for six colours on two sides, double for six colours on the other two sides and the lid.
2. Now that you have created your pattern start by spreading glue on the side of the lid. Place matches in a horizontal colour order two rows wide (20 matches). Repeat for opposite side.
3. Place lid on box. Glue matches vertically across width of box in line with the lid (42 matches). Glue matches in horizontal order two rows wide (20 matches). Repeat for opposite side.
4. Repeat step 3 on other sides butthis time use double colours rather than single. (44 matches)
5. For lid glue matches in horizontal colour order two rows wide at top (20 matches). Repeat for bottom. Glue matches vertically across width of lid from left (20 matches) and from right (20 matches) leaving a gap of approximately 3 matches in the middle.
6. Using a craft knife cut a rectanglular slot in the middle of the lid (large enough for a fifty cent piece).